Office relocation needs patience, persistence, and an organizational mindset. There are a number of things that you need to consider. In this post, we’ll discuss all different Do’s and Don’ts of office moving process which will make the entire operation more efficient and less hectic.
Let’s get started, shall we?
Do’s of office relocation
- A moving timeline needs to be prepared. Different tasks such as packing of electricals, furniture, and other office supplies should be timely designated to appropriate individuals or a team of packers and movers.
- Inform your employees about the relocation. You will need their help and it is better than your own guys take the responsibilities on their own shoulders rather than risking the important office supplies by involving a third party.
- Always ask your professional IT department guys to take care of the entire unplugging. Movers and packers might not be qualified enough to understand the sensitivity of several electronic devices and they might unplug them in a wrong fashion. This can lead to a malfunction, or even worse, a series of malfunctions. Company will then have to endure the losses.
- Move all the plants and flower pots by yourself. Movers will not move them unless asked for obviously.
- Hire a professional packing and moving agency like www.matcocalgarymovers.com as they are vastly experienced in this line of work. They will pack, load, transport, unload, and unpack the boxes with utter efficiency and responsibly.
- Make use of tags on everything you can find. Be it computer cables, or desk furniture, tags are extremely useful while re-assembling all the things in the new office. With the help of these tags, the movers will have an easy time putting everything back together with maximum efficiency and minimal loss of resources.
Don’ts of office relocation
- Never leave the planning your office relocation at the last moment. Procrastination is a curse to have and everybody should avoid it. Always start way before the moving day so that you don’t end up forgetting anything.
- Don’t leave the drawers and desk sliders as they are. Always stick them using tapes so that they do not move back and forth while getting transported.
- For the tags, use color codes or numbers and not names. Some employees might have identical names and thus, their things can get mixed up in the process.
- As long as the vertical file cabinets are concerned, don’t empty them. They work great as secured lockers for company files while moving to a new office.
- Heavy electrical equipment such as photocopiers and system servers should not be unplugged by packers and movers. Always assign your IT guys to look after the proceedings while these things are at work. You can not afford to make a mistake when expensive machines are concerned.
With all the given tips, I’m sure that you can move your office quite easily and effectively. Please stay tuned for more such blogs and informative articles. We have got you covered on every front. Also, please suggest us any topic on which you’d want us to write.