Ontario Region OYF is in Search of a Program Coordinator
Ontario OYF is seeking a dynamic, organized person who is passionate about agriculture to join our OYF Alumni as the Program Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will have work experience and/or a degree or diploma in agriculture, marketing or event planning with strong communication, social media, fund-raising, computer and organizational skills. Candidates must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
You will assist the OYF Alumni Committee in planning, coordinating, promoting, budgeting and executing the annual Regional event. Every seven years, you will assist with the Regional Committee with similar duties at the National event when it is hosted in the Ontario Region.
You will be accountable to the OYF committee and executive and will work closely with them. The total time in the past to organize this regional event has been 6 – 8 weeks, but your expertise will most definitely shorten this.
Job Duties include, the coordination of the Ontario Regional event including:
• Venue selection and hotel contract negotiation
• Budgeting and cost projections
• Audio visual operations and creation of presentations
• Food & beverage planning, forecasting, and menu selection
• Master account, rooming list and hotel liaison
• Oversee the management of all printed event documents and programs
• Promote the program through traditional media outlets and various social media outlets
• Coordinate all logistics on site and execute planned event
• Manage the communications of event to Regional and National members as well as sponsors, and media.
• Monitor and manage event details including troubleshooting event issues
• Manage relationships with nominees, alumni, sponsors, various media outlets and agriculture organizations
• Network among agricultural organizations and agri-business to raise funds for the event and seek out future honourees
Skills and Experience:
• College diploma or equivalent experience
• Experience in event planning would be an asset
• Advanced in MS Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Knowledge and experience with various forms of social media
• Knowledge of hotel room bookings and contract negotiations
• Team player, highly flexible and highly motivated
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to promote the OYF program through traditional and various social media outlets
• Ability to network in agricultural organizations and agri-businesses to secure sponsorship
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to work under time pressure and perform effectively under stress
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently or within a team environment
• Ability travel to attend on-site meetings and venue selection throughout the year
• Flexibility to work weekends and evenings at events
• Must be friendly, passionate, professional and excellent team player
If this position and skill set sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your Resume with references and salary expectations to Cory and Heidi VanGroningen.
Click here for a detailed job description.